Saturday, April 14, 2007

Intimacy

Sometimes it takes me a while to get the picture. I'm not naive, but a little slow or thick headed. I think God is trying to tell me something, but I'm a little slow understanding or maybe just stubborn. (Maybe both)
That is what I have been feeling in past couple of days. I have been reading Dr. Stowell's book "Radical Reliance." The author is trying to help the reader grasp the length that God goes to have an intimate relationship with his children. He uses Revelation 3 and other passages to drive home his point.
With that as a background you will understand what I mean when I tell you what I have been studying this past couple of days. It started this week as I prepared for the Adult Sunday School lesson. The lesson for this Sunday was from John 14. What a great chapter! Jesus tells His disciples (and us) theses words: "where I am there you may be." God wants intimacy with us even beyond our time on this earth as we will spend eternity with Him.
The Adult Sunday School lesson for next Sunday is a lesson from John 15. Another great chapter. I spent a few hours studying the lesson yesterday.
Jesus says, "If a man remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit. Apart from Me you can do nothing."
It became obvious to me that God wanted me to learn this lesson of intimacy with the King. He wants me to "remain in Him." When will we learn that "apart from Me (God) you can do nothing?" God wants me (and all of us) to realize how much He loves us and wants to have an intimate relationship with Him.

No comments: