Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reflections

This Christmas I was overwhelmed by how important family is to me. A couple of days before Christmas day, my immediate family exchanged our gifts. I have said it before, but let me say it again: I am a blessed man.
God has given me much more than I deserve. He has blessed me with a extraordinary life-partner and three great children (a daughter and son-in-law, and a son).

I am grateful for the gifts that I received, but I was overwhelmed with how God has blessed me with my family. Maybe it is a sign of old age or maybe it is the first Christmas without our parents. But family is important.

At creation God established the home and the church. God knew that we needed to be surrounded by family. On the sixth day of Creation God created male and female. Then in Genesis 2, God says: "It is not good for man to be alone." God knew our need for family.

On Christmas Eve, our immediate family traveled to the Metroplex where we were able to spend time with my brother and his immediate family and my wife's sister. I am grateful that God provided me with family. We (and I include myself) take family for granted. Thank God for your family and enjoy spending quality time with them.

1 comment:

Nic Burleson said...

Good stuff Randy. A great reminder for all of us...And in your case, you've got an incredible family to love. Jo & I love you guys and are thankful God placed you in our lives!