Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Character

In reading some other blogs, I was reminded about a quote from Gene Wilkes. Gene is the author of "Jesus on Leadership." Several weeks ago I shared some thoughts from Gene's newest book, "An Angel in the Flame - a tale of two saviors."

One statement that Gene makes in his book literally jumped off the page for me. I re-read it several times because of the impact it had on me.

Gene writes: "You can tell a man's character by two things: how he prays and how he manges his sex drive. How a man prays exposes his heart and to whom he bends his knee. How he manages his sexual urges exposes the depth of discipline in his life."

I would challenge the men who read this blog (all one of you, maybe) to re-read that statement. I believe that Gene has issued us a challenge. We must challenge ourselves every day to pray and discipline our natural desires in order to focus on the mission of God.

Would you join me in seeking to be men of God, used by God? To do so we must live lives that are pure.

1 comment:

JMob said...

perry inspired?

great post pop.

to quote nic's catalyst recap from seth godin- "do something you're gonna get criticized for."

gene did that with his thought, and you did that with your challenge.

thank you.