Saturday, August 16, 2008

Privileged

Let me say at the outset how privileged I am to have an outstanding family. That has been evident this summer. This summer I have been privileged to have been able to work on the same staff as my son. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that we would be able to serve on the same staff.

This summer, Jonathan has served as one our youth interns. Besides being a sponsor on all the youth trips, operating sound for camps, and leading some small group sessions, he has been able to video all of the youth events. In fact, a compilation video of all the youth events is going to be available for purchase.

I am amazed all the time by how talented our children are. That has become evident this summer with Jonathan's videos. I have seen him take some rough video and make a masterpiece. His video work is in addition to his work with the audio at the church.

I realize that pride is a sin, but I'm sure our heavenly Father will forgive me. I am grateful to God for blessing me with a wonderful wife, and talented children (including my son-in-law).

1 comment:

Nic Burleson said...

Randy,
You oughta' be proud. Jmob did an OUSTANDING job this summer. I knew he'd work hard and do good, but he took it to another level in everything he was asked to do. It was a privilige to work alongside him this summer...