Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Random Quotes

I am officially coming out of the closet - I am addicted to books. If you ask my wife she would certainly agree. If we ever build a house, it will be built around bookcases for my books. Yes, I know I have a serious problem. But what can I do?

With that said, let me give you some random quotes.

"Two doctors standing together makes a paradox." (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

"Sacred cows make the best hamburger, but the meat can be hard to swallow."
"The Bible does not provide a map for life, only a compass. But through this book you will discover how the compass can guide you over the bewildering terrain."
(Dr. Haddon Robinson)

"May I suggest that what the 21st-century church needs are daring people with daring plans - people who are more afraid of missing opportunities than making mistakes, more afraid of lifelong regrets than temporary failure."
(Mark Batterson)

"Some want to live within the sound of church or chapel bell; I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of hell."
(former missionary C.T. Studd)

"So ... when there are no answers to your questions ...
Trust Him when you don't understand
Trust Him when your heart is broken.
Trust His purpose. Trust His heart. Trust His goodness.
Trust Him beyond the grave. Trust Him to know best.
Trust His plan to be bigger than yours.
Trust Him to keep His word. Trust Him to be on time.
Trust Him to be compassionate. Trust Him to set you free.
Trust Him - and Him alone!
(Anne Graham Lotz)

4 comments:

Jeremy Hellums said...

The 1st step is admitting you have a problem! I have the same problem, I confessed it a few months ago in a post.

Megan said...

You definitely are addicted to books! I have just one question for you...did you look up each one of those quotes, or do you have all those memorized? That would be quite a feat!

randman said...

Megan, I found those quotes in different resources. A couple in a magazine, one in a book, one in an email.
You think I have those memorized. I can't remember my kids names. Ha!

Megan said...

That's exactly what I was thinking...I was about to be insulted! ;)